To the Hollywood Senior Center Community,
Hollywood Senior Center is taking precautionary measures to ensure that our employees, volunteers and participants are doing all they can to prevent contracting coronavirus. The health and safety of our community is our highest priority. As we are aware, those of advanced age and with compromised immune systems are at the greatest risk.
As the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to spread throughout the country and cases are increasing daily here in Oregon, I want to share some of the actions that Hollywood Senior Center is taking to help protect those around us.
As this situation continues to evolve, we will closely monitor guidance from the CDC and local health officials. Updated information can be found HERE.
As of Wednesday, March 4, the Oregon Health Authority is holding weekly calls with community partners on Wednesdays from 1:00 to 2:00 pm, to provide support and address needs and concerns related to COVID-19. Hollywood Senior Center is participating in these calls and will continue to rely on their recommendations and expertise to inform our decisions.
Currently we are:
- Increasing the frequency and level of cleaning and sanitization at the Hollywood Senior Center. Tables and chairs are being cleaned throughout the day. Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipes are readily available for participants.
- All HSC staff, volunteers, instructors/facilitators, and participants who have a cough or have symptoms of the flu are being asked to stay at home rather than risk exposing others. Also, if you are particularly susceptible to the virus or feel uncomfortable in public spaces, please stay home.
- Our volunteers for Meals on Wheels luncheons on Tuesdays and Thursdays are already required to wear both hairnets and plastic gloves when working with food in the center, and staff strictly adheres to state food service sanitation guides and regulations. Signs about how to prevent coronavirus have been posted throughout the Center
- Based on current guidance and recommendations, at this time the Hollywood Senior center is open regular hours with most classes and activities offered as scheduled. Please note that this may change at the discretion of the instructors or Center Staff. We will do our best to immediately notify anyone of changes to our schedule. Changes will be posted on FB and our website.
- Please be aware that as a precautionary step, the March 13th Pizza/Movie lunch has been cancelled.
- Contact us if you have any questions about our calendar of events or questions regarding our current policy and protocol in response to the current situation.
We recognize that this is an unsettling time. As circumstances continue to develop, know that the Hollywood Senior will make our decisions with your health and well-being of greatest priority.
Please email or contact us with any additional questions or concerns.
Amber Kern Johnson