Hollywood Senior Center has been actively working to shift onsite activities to remote/virtual programming so that you can continue to participate in the classes and groups that you enjoy and benefit from. We’re looking at creative ways to offer programming to our participants who are at home and crave social, emotional, physical, and intellectual connection. Social distancing doesn’t have to mean social isolation.
We are excited to introduce HSC at Home Virtual Programming. Look for exercise classes, workshops, entertainment, support groups and much more in the coming weeks!
You can now access HSC at Home Virtual Programming in several ways:
- Check out our YouTube channel at HSC TV for recorded classes, workshops, films and other content. Watch what you want on your own time.
- Follow us on Facebook at PDXSeniorCenter to stay connected. We plan to offer special Facebook Live programming in addition to updates, photos and community sharing.
- Take one of our virtual classes or workshops using Zoom. Many of our classes will be offered through Zoom, a service that offers video communications. This service is free for you to use when participating in Hollywood Senior Center Zoom Programs. You can join the Zoom meeting from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device. Please note the meeting ID and Password when you join a meeting. The ID and Password are unique for each class. Zoom also allows for you to participate by phone for those who want audio only.
Check out the virtual events calendar for details on upcoming classes and workshops.
Hollywood Senior Center Needs Your Support
Even in these challenging times, Hollywood Senior Center remains a non-profit dedicated to supporting the well-being of older adults who need our support now more than ever.
Here are three ways you can help provide support today:
- Donate Money: Help us recover from our financial losses due to COVID-19 and continue and expand our essential needs programs to older adults in the community. Make a Secure Donation
- Donate Goods & Gift Cards: Hollywood Senior Center also appreciates donations of food, toilet paper and grocery store gift cards for seniors and stamps for mailing cards. To arrange a donation while we are closed, please email email@example.com
- Volunteer: Thank you to the many community volunteers who have reached out to help during this crisis. Volunteers are currently writing uplifting notes to seniors, making friendly reassurance calls, delivering food boxes and supplies and much more. To volunteer contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Download a Volunteer Application.