The Savvy Caregiver: A Class for Family Caregivers
Do you care for a family member living with Alzheimer’s or another dementia?
This six-session class offers help to families caring for loved ones with Alzheimer’s or another dementia. The workshop was developed by University of Minnesota and has been found to decrease caregiver stress and increase caregiver confidence.
This FREE class will give family caregivers:
- An understanding of dementia and changes in your loved one
- Tips on how to provide the best care
- Coping skills for the stages of dementia
- Facts about the progression of dementia, and more.
- A hand-book to complement the classes will be provided.
Next class starts Thursday, March 1, and ends Thursday, April 5, from 3-5pm. The class will be held at the Urban League Senior Activities Center, 5325 NE Martin Luther King Blvd, Portland OR 97211.
For more information about the class and/or about care for your loved one while you are in class, call Loriann McNeill, Family Caregiver Support Program Coordinator at (503)988-8210.
To register for the 6 week class call Kashea Kilson-Anderson at (503) 988-3558.
Sponsored by Multnomah County Aging, Disability and Veterans Services Family Caregiver Support Program.