We often rent our facility to outside groups. We can serve small groups, such as a meeting, or up to 120 people for a celebration. Our building is one level and handicapped accessible. It has a raised stage with a PA system and free wi-fi throughout.
Rental fees include the use of tables, chairs, and our fully equipped kitchen. The classroom has a digital projector and screen. Parking is on-street or in the paid lot at our NE 41st Avenue entrance.
We provide flexible, affordable, hourly space rentals for private and public events. Costs range from $10 an hour for classroom space to $45 an hour for use of the full center. Each of our rooms is offered at an hourly rate. We also have a subsidized rate of $30 an hour for 501c3 nonprofits and community groups.
Please note: Hollywood Senior Center is currently not renting its facility due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Check back in 2022 regarding availability.
Rooms are available to rent 5-10 p.m. Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-11 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m.-10 p.m. on Sunday.
An Event Host or Security Guard is required at an additional cost if alcohol will be served at your event.
Reserving & Payment
To see what is available and start the reservation process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-288-8303 with your information and preferences. We will respond to your request in the order in which it has been received. You can expect a response within three business days.
We require full payment to confirm. We will hold the space for up to 7 days or until we have received payment in-full and the space is confirmed. We accept Visa, MasterCard, checks, and cash.
- You and/or your group are only allowed to use the room(s) you have reserved.
- You and/or your group are responsible for set-up and clean-up. Be sure to calculate adequate time for setup and cleanup in your reservation.
- Rooms need to be cleaned, including carpet sweeping, taking out the trash/recycling, and wiping down the tables. A cleaning deposit may be required to ensure policies and agreements are upheld.
- Please leave the room the same way you found it, including furniture. Rooms may be rearranged, but must be returned to the original layout. Furniture may not be moved in and out of rooms without prior arrangements.
- Keep indoor noise levels at all times. There may be other groups using rooms nearby.
- All children must be supervised by a parent/guardian at all times throughout the entire building and grounds. No running is allowed in the building at any time. Please ask children to walk carefully and use inside voices.
While all people are welcome, sometimes not all behaviors are. Bullying, rude, destructive, or oppressive behaviors will result in being required to leave the premises.
As a community space, we are shaping a culture that encourages the well-being of all people from every race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, faith/religion, ability, age, access to resources, and life situation.
- For a 95% refund, cancellation must be made 30 days prior to the reserved date. We keep 5% to cover our staff time and bank processing fees.
- For a 75% refund, cancellation must be made 14 days prior to the reserved date.
- For a 50% refund, cancellation must be made 2 days prior to the reserved date.
- If a cancellation is made within 48 hours of the event, there will be no refund.
Sample Rental Agreement
Hollywood Senior Center Short-Term Event Rental Agreement
This agreement is entered between ________________________________ and The Hollywood Senior Center.
In consideration of the mutual covenants and upon the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement, Lessor leases to Lessee and Lessee and Lessee leases from Lessor the following: Hollywood Senior Center (“the Premises”). Lessee claims no prior interest in the Premises and acknowledges Lessor’s ownership and right to lease the Premises to Lessee.
IT IS AGREED:
Date: _____________Time: _____________
__ I will pay an additional $20.00 for use of HSC dumpster.
__ I decline to pay the additional fee and will take my garbage with me after my event. I understand that I will be billed $50.00 if I do not abide by this agreement.
1. Termination. For a 95% refund, cancellation must be made 30 days prior to the reserved date. We keep 5% to cover our staff time and bank processing fees.
For a 75% refund, cancellation must be made 14 days prior to the reserved date.
For a 50% refund, cancellation must be made 2 days prior to the reserved date.
If a cancellation is made within 48 hours of the event, there will be no refund.
2. Rent. Lessee shall pay Lessor $_________as rent for the Premises.
3. Use of the Premises. Lessee shall use the Premises exclusively for event
and shall obey all applicable laws and regulations. There is no smoking on the premises. No alcohol may be served or consumed by anyone under the age of twenty-one (21). If alcohol is to be served, it is the renter’s responsibility to contact OLCC about permit requirements. In accordance with the city noise ordinance, all loud music must stop after 10:00pm. The undersigned agrees to be present at all times during the event, and assumes full responsibility for leaving the premises in same orderly, clean fashion as before the event including taking out garbage from the event and pitting tables and chairs used back.
4. Damages. Renters are liable for damage to the building and equipment. If there is any damage or breakage to the building, equipment or furnishings, the undersigned agrees that an appropriate amount will charged to the Lessee. Lessee shall return the Premises in a consideration as good as or better than it was before the Start Date and Time. Lessee’s failure to do so will result in potential cleaning charges.
5. Insurance. Lessor may require Lessee to obtain additional insurance coverage for this rental.
6. Legal action. If suit or action is instituted to enforce compliance with any terms of this agreement, each party is responsible for its own attorney’s fees.
7. Other. The undersigned, who must be at least twenty-five (25) years of age and who is required to display photo identification at the time of signing, agrees to all Terms and Conditions of this Contract. The undersigned is fully liable and assumes full responsibility for the participants of this event, and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Hollywood Senior Center, its employees, directors and volunteers to the fullest extent possible by law.
8. Entire Agreement. This agreement is the final expression of, and contains the entire agreement between, the parties with respect to this lease of the Premises and supersedes all prior understandings with respect to it. This agreement may not be modified or terminated, nor may any obligations under it be waived, except by written instrument signed by the party to be charged or by its agent duly authorized in writing. Arrangements to pick up the building key must be made during the week prior to the event.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the parties have executed this agreement.
Print name:______________________ Print name: Amber Kern Johnson, Executive Director- Hollywood Senior Center
Address________________________________ Address: 1820 NE 40th Avenue
Phone: _______________________________ Phone: 503-288-8303
Email: _______________________________ Email: email@example.com
Balance Paid : _________(Amount) _______ (Date)