Make a tax-deductible cash donation to the Hollywood Center’s Building Fund, Endowment Fund, or for the greatest need.
Gifts can be made in honor of or in the memory of a loved one.
Hollywood Senior Center
1820 NE 40 Avenue
Portland, OR 97212
Consider giving online today at: mightycause.com/organization/Hollywood-Senior-Center
Any amount is welcome and greatly appreciated. Breaking your gift into smaller increments through a monthly donation is a great way to increase the amount and impact of your contribution. And if you are planning an IRA withdrawal before the end of the year, please consider the tax benefits of making a Qualified Charitable Donation (QCD). Your tax-deductible contribution of any amount will go directly to the delivery of services to 5,000-plus seniors and family members in our community who depend upon Hollywood Senior Center to maintain their independence.
Planned Giving: you can name the Hollywood Senior Center as a beneficiary in your will, trust, insurance policy, 401K, or retirement account. Our IRS Tax I.D. Number is 23-7291187; please contact Amber if you have additional questions.
Fred Meyer Rewards Card: You will still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points and Rebates as usual but Fred Meyer will make a donation to the Hollywood Senior Center as well.
- Visit fredmeyer.com
- Once logged into your Fred Meyer account you can search for Hollywood Senior Center either by name or YI860 and then click Enroll.
- New users will need to create an account that requires some basic information, a valid email address and a Fred Meyer Rewards Card. If you do not have a Rewards Card, they are available at the Customer Service desk of any Fred Meyer store.
If you have office supplies, books of stamps, clean or unused durable medical equipment, gift cards, tickets to community events, or other items you think we could use please give us a call to see if they would be helpful! View Hollywood Senior Center’s Amazon Wish List for needed items available on Amazon.
Supplies and Equipment Donation
We always need supplies and various equipment for our operations. Perhaps you can help?
We can use:
- Digital Camera
- Books of stamps
- Durable medical equipment for loan closet (Please call the center at 503-288-8303 or email at email@example.com before bringing in donation(s). The Medical Equipment Loan Closet is currently available by appointment Tuesdays and Thursday between 9-3pm. As of 3/2021 we are only accepting seated walkers, wheelchairs, bath benches and small or medium sized incontinence supplies. Please note that we only accept equipment in clean and perfect working condition for the next user.
- Ceramic coffee cups
- Coffee Urn
- Gift Cards and/or new gifts for monthly raffle/birthday gifts and special events
- Tickets to community events, such as sporting events, theater, concerts
- Magazine and newspaper subscriptions
- Tablecloths and linens for meals and celebrations
- Folding card tables
- Long (6-8 foot) folding tables
- Coffee, Decaf Coffee, cups, sugar, creamers, decaf tea
- Paper goods (towels, cups, plates, napkins, bowls toilet paper)
- Adult undergarments and pads for homebound senior clients
- Reams of paper
- Paper clips
- Ink pens
- Dry-erase markers and regular markers
- Design work and printing for brochures, fliers and other materials
- Grant Writing
- Consulting Services
- Contracting and home repair services
Regardless of its condition, the donation of your car, truck, RV, boat or even aircraft will help us accomplish our mission. Call us at 503-288-8303 to see how you can make a difference. Our vehicle donation program partners with Volunteers of America. Visit our page on Charity Connections.
If you order through Amazon this is an easy way to donate without actually having to give any of your money!
When you select Hollywood Senior Center as your charitable organization of choice, Amazon will donate 0.5% of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to us. Visit smile.amazon.com, log in to your Amazon account, and select Hollywood Senior Center as your charitable organization. HSC will then automatically receive donations.