Over the last year, Hollywood Senior Center–Community for Positive Aging (formerly The Giving Tree) has worked diligently to respond to increased community need. We have adapted existing programs as well as expanded services to include telephone reassurance, food delivery, and virtual programming. Hollywood Senior Center–Community for Positive Aging continues to provide important, life-saving and meaningful support to people most at risk throughout this pandemic.
Today, we invite you to join our community of supporters to help sustain Hollywood Senior Center–Community for Positive Aging. Donors like you make our critical program and service offerings possible, whether through a one-time or recurring monthly gift.
Today, we ask you to please consider deeply what Hollywood Senior Center–Community for Positive Aging means to you and to your community, and then dig deep to give back with as generous a donation as you can manage. Every dollar counts. We can’t meet our goal without your support.
We hope you will show your support for Hollywood Senior Center–Community for Positive Aging by contributing through our online giving platform, Mighty Cause.
Your donation can provide:
- $25: weekly food and supply deliveries to seniors through the neighborhood gleaners and Asian Food Pantry
- $50: technology assistance, telephone reassurance, and information referral services to keep seniors connected and safe
- $75: 1 group trip for 10 low-income building residents (including lunch); or 12 hygiene kits including toilet paper; or 2 move-in packages of sheets, pillow, blanket and towel with a package of detergent
- $100: a year of life-enrichment and support for a local senior through Hollywood Senior Center–Community for Positive Aging programming
We count on you! Your support in any amount will help ensure our organization and community continues to be here for you and your family after we finally emerge on the other side of this communal quarantine period.
Give the gift of dignity, choice and connection. Help us strengthen and expand our essential needs programs for older adults and low-income neighbors in the community. We appreciate you for prioritizing the lives and well-being of Portland area seniors and low-income neighbors.
Make a tax-deductible cash donation to the Hollywood Center-Community for Positive Aging’s Building Fund, Endowment Fund, or for the greatest need.
Gifts can be made in honor of or in the memory of a loved one.
Hollywood Senior Center-Community for Positive Aging
1820 NE 40 Avenue
Portland, OR 97212
Consider giving online today at: mightycause.com/organization/Hollywood-Senior-Center
Any amount is welcome and greatly appreciated. Breaking your gift into smaller increments through a monthly donation is a great way to increase the amount and impact of your contribution. And if you are planning an IRA withdrawal before the end of the year, please consider the tax benefits of making a Qualified Charitable Donation (QCD). Your tax-deductible contribution of any amount will go directly to the delivery of services to 5,000-plus seniors and family members in our community who depend upon Hollywood Senior Center to maintain their independence.
Planned Giving: you can name the Hollywood Senior Center as a beneficiary in your will, trust, insurance policy, 401K, or retirement account. Our IRS Tax I.D. Number is 23-7291187; please contact Amber if you have additional questions.
Fred Meyer Rewards Card: You will still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points and Rebates as usual but Fred Meyer will make a donation to the Hollywood Senior Center as well.
- Visit fredmeyer.com
- Once logged into your Fred Meyer account you can search for Hollywood Senior Center either by name or YI860 and then click Enroll.
- New users will need to create an account that requires some basic information, a valid email address and a Fred Meyer Rewards Card. If you do not have a Rewards Card, they are available at the Customer Service desk of any Fred Meyer store.
If you have office supplies, books of stamps, clean or unused durable medical equipment, gift cards, tickets to community events, or other items you think we could use please give us a call to see if they would be helpful! View Hollywood Senior Center’s Amazon Wish List for needed items available on Amazon.
Supplies and Equipment Donation
We always need supplies and various equipment for our operations. Perhaps you can help?
We can use:
- Durable medical equipment for loan closet (Please call the center at 503-288-8303 or email at email@example.com before bringing in donations). The Medical Equipment Loan Closet is currently available by appointment on weekdays. Please note that we only accept equipment in clean and perfect working condition for the next user.
- Gift Cards and/or new gifts for monthly raffle/birthday gifts and special events
- Tickets to community events, such as sporting events, theater, concerts
- Magazine and newspaper subscriptions
- Tablecloths and linens for meals and celebrations
- Coffee, Decaf Coffee, cups, sugar, creamers, decaf tea
- Paper goods (towels, cups, plates, napkins, bowls toilet paper)
- Art & craft supplies (markers, crayons, scissors, glue, paint, etc.)
- Books of stamps
- Reams of paper
- Paper clips
- Ink pens
- Dry-erase markers and regular markers
- Design work and printing for brochures, fliers and other materials
- Grant Writing
- Consulting Services
- Contracting and home repair services
Regardless of its condition, the donation of your car, truck, RV, boat or even aircraft will help us accomplish our mission. Call us at 503-288-8303 to see how you can make a difference. Our vehicle donation program partners with Volunteers of America. Visit our page on Charity Connections.
If you order through Amazon this is an easy way to donate without actually having to give any of your money!
When you select Hollywood Senior Center as your charitable organization of choice, Amazon will donate 0.5% of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to us. Visit smile.amazon.com, log in to your Amazon account, and select Hollywood Senior Center as your charitable organization. HSC will then automatically receive donations.